Career Opportunity. Assistant Project Officer.
April 23, 2022
OAVCIE is looking for Assistant Project Officer (Innovation and Enterprise).
- To assist in the administrative running of the office, including processing of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) (filing, prosecution and maintenance), as well as to liaise with outside organisations,
- To develop, streamline and improve work processes in the Office of Assistant Vice-Chancellor Innovation and Enterprise, by implementing Information Technology and lean practises,
- To work closely with Information Communication Technology Centre (ICTC), University Liaison Office (ULO) and outside vendors for the smooth running of OAVCIE’s website and expert directory,
- To assist in the planning and organization, as well as to disseminate IPRs knowledge to UBD staff and students, through seminars, talks, modules, forums, etc., as well as to assist in the development and maintenance of website for e-resources for UBD staff and students,
- To assist in the development of marketing materials of UBD IPRs and OAVCIE’s services, as well as initiatives to publicised UBD IPRs such as Innovation Wharf, other platforms, etc.
- To assist in the issuance of OAVCIE Newsletter and other materials, in particular, in materials pertaining to IPR and IPR protection;
- Responsible for any matters under the purview of Director of Innovation and it’s office; in particular, in matters pertaining to Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) of the university and UBD-Technology and Information Support Centre (UBD-TISC),
- To be part of the succession planning of the office and be trained in the areas of Intellectual Property Rights and technology transfer,
- To assist in matters relating to the day-to-day operations of UBD-TISC
- To train and liaise with Project Officer(s) as well other officers at OAVCIE under the purview of Director of Innovation to ensure effective, efficient and smooth execution of administrative workflow in relation to IPR matters of the university;
- To assist Director of Innovation in the planning, executing and realizing of innovation and enterprise strategy, vision and mission for UBD, in particular, in relation to IPRs and IP protection;
- Any other tasks instructed by Vice Chancellor, Assistant Vice Chancellor (Innovation & Enterprise) and Director of Innovation from time to time.
- Willingness to study and sit (outside normal working hours) for different Intellectual Property Rights course, as instructed by the supervisor, to improve knowledge in IPR
- Minimum Higher National Diploma or Advanced Diploma holder or equivalent – a qualification that demonstrates and requires high level of usage and proficiency in technology (computing and its different applications) is preferable. Higher qualification is an advantage.
- Competent and fluent in written and spoken English as well as Bahasa Melayu.
- Good interpersonal skills with pleasant personality.
- International experience/exposure, through work and/or education would be an advantage.
- Willingness to do what is necessary for the success of Universiti Brunei Darussalam including working after normal office hours when necessary.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Literacy in Windows-based computer application.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Must have driving license.
Term for 2 years. There will be an initial 3 months probationary period within the 2 year contract.
The appointed Assistant Project Officer will receive a monthly salary, as well as annual salary increment, TAP and SCP contribution, and annual bonus (upon satisfactory performance).
How to apply?
P3 application form is available at Administration and Human Resource Office or download the P3 application form here :
and submit completed form with your Curriculum Vitae, copies of Degree Certificate and Academic Transcripts, evidence of previous research experience (if any) and copy of IC or passport to:
Administration and Human Resource Office
1st Floor, Estate Building,
Universiti Brunei Darussalam,
Jalan Tungku Link, Gadong BE 1410,
Negara Brunei Darussalam.
All applicants must complete the application through the link below:
Closing date: 07 May 2022
Incomplete submission of application will not be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.Back to News/Events